Recipe by littleturtle
Nice sidedish for chicken or just about anything.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* - This is a very yummy rice, I thought the apple juice was unusual but it gave a sweetish flavour to the rice. Followed the recipe as written and didn't change a thing. Thank you Littleturtle.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan, over medium heat, sauté the onion in oil until onion is tender (3 minutes).
- Add rice and sauté until rice is golden brown (5 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender (20 minutes).
- Fluff with a fork before serving.