Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice sidedish for chicken or just about anything.
Make and share this Savory Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, over medium heat, sauté the onion in oil until onion is tender (3 minutes).
- Add rice and sauté until rice is golden brown (5 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender (20 minutes).
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* - This is a very yummy rice, I thought the apple juice was unusual but it gave a sweetish flavour to the rice. Followed the recipe as written and didn't change a thing. Thank you Littleturtle.
The rice was just ok for us. It really wasn't what I was expecting. It was very easy to make but nothing exciting. So sorry.