Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice side dish served with Chicken or Pork Chops. Not sure of where I got the recipe. Found it in my notes on my desk.
- 2 cups white rice (Minute Rice)
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- In a large saucepan add butter and onion.
- Saute together until tender.
- Add chicken broth,mushrooms and peas.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Stir in Minute made rice, cover pan and remove from heat. Let Stand 5 minutes
- Stir with fork and serve.
This is a really delicious recipe. I love how easy it is to make and the ingredients are probably always in your pantry and freezer. My onion was really small, probably about 1/3 of a cup, so, since I love onion I will probably add more next time. Also, I may saute the mushrooms along with the onion and carmelize them a bit. I served this along with sliced yellow and red tomatoes drizzled with italian dressing and pan sauted chicken tenders YUMMY! Thanks for a keeper, Marsha D!