Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful way to cook long grain rice- couldn't be easier and turns out great every time.
- 1 onion, chopped fairly fine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups stock, of your choosing
- Fry onions in butter until soft.
- Wash rice, rinse under cold water and dry.
- Add rice to onions and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add herbs and stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set uncovered in 450 oven.
- Bake 20 minutes and remove herbs.