Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Easy to pop in the oven while you prepare other items. Goes well with beef.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
- Heat butter in a small saute pan and cook onions until tender.
- Place onions in an ungreased casserole dish and stir in other ingredients.
- Bake at 350F for one hour or until done.
Made this recently from a Paula Deen cookbook. Was going to post it but saw it was already here. It had a wonderful flavor and was an easy side dish for my dinner party since it could be thrown together and put in the oven for an hour. I probably cooked mine closer to 2 hours because I kinda forgot about it and it was still great.
We have been making this forever and it is so yummy! Anyone we make it for loves it and wants the recipe. I use beef consume instead of beef broth (not sure it would really make a difference). I bake it covered, comes out perfect every time. Thanks for posting!