Recipe by Sue Lau
Easy to pop in the oven while you prepare other items. Goes well with beef.
Top Review by Teresa in Charleston
Made this recently from a Paula Deen cookbook. Was going to post it but saw it was already here. It had a wonderful flavor and was an easy side dish for my dinner party since it could be thrown together and put in the oven for an hour. I probably cooked mine closer to 2 hours because I kinda forgot about it and it was still great.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice