Recipe by Dorel
This is my adopted recipe.I made this today, Feb 16. I took the salt out of my revised ingredients, as the soups are salty enough, get low sodium soups if availabe. Baked in about 45 minutes. The original called for 1/4 pound butter, I changed that to 1/4 cup and that was plenty. Very good recipe, nice flavor.
- 1 cup rice (raw long grain)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet and cook onions and celery until translucent.
- Into buttered casserole dish put alternate layers of rice, onion/celery mixture, and mushrooms.
- Pour the two cans of broth over the mix and place covered in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- If rice seems dry, add a little water.