Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A side dish with excellent seasoning.
Make and share this Savory Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Cook rice according to package instructions (for 3 cups of rice, put 2 cups of water in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, add kosher salt and bring to a boil. Add rice, stir; cover with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes).
- In a skillet, saute sliced onion in 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil for 5 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms. Saute mixture for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To rice, add onion/mushroom mixture, poultry seasoning, chicken broth and 1 tablesoon butter. Combine and serve.
Truly a wonderful recipe Savvy. We really enjoyed this savory rice. It was quick and easy to make with excellent results. The rice was perfectly cooked, and beautifully flavored. The spice ratio was spot on. I made exactly as written but without the mushrooms, as we were out. I can't wait to make this again with the mushrooms. I used basmati rice and sweet vidalli onions. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again. Made for Spring PAC/2012.