Recipe by AbsentFish
Rice with mushrooms, asparagus, onions and garlic with savory beef flavor. This recipe is great when cooking for many people and for sneaking veggies into meals.
- 4 cups roughly 40 oz rice, cooked
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 -2 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in tall-sided pan over medium heat until desired done-ness.
- Remove and cut into small chunks. Pour 1/2 cup beef stock into pan (keep bacon drippings in pan) and when heated add mushrooms, garlic (minced) and onions.
- Add more beef stock when needed. Meanwhile, steam asparagus. When asparagus is done add to mushrooms and onions.
- When onions are soft and sweet add in rice, folding in carefully.
- Add remaining beef stock, salt, pepper, and cook until heated through. Serve hot. Goes great with beef dishes!