Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
More lentils. Serve this with some crusty bread.
- 1 cup red lentil (picked through)
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (many many cloves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups water
- Saute chopped onion and garlic for several.
- Rinse red lentils, and add with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 5 minutes more. Add more water if needed.
Delicious and easy. I omitted the savory because I didn't have any on hand. I will make this again.