Recipe by ribbit!
In my quest to add quinoa to my diet, I came across this recipe. However, there was no nutritional information attached to it. As I am trying to watch my sodium and cholesterol, I wanted to enter it in here so that I can keep track of the numbers. :) Originally found on the Enlightenedcooking blog.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Oil a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Rinse the quinoa well, and place in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Squeeze alll the water out of the thawed spinach and place in a bowl. Add the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes until set and golden brown. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes or until completely cool. Cut into 16 bars.
- This can be served either warm or cold. You can store the bars in the refrigerator for a week, or freeze them for up to a month.