1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
In my quest to add quinoa to my diet, I came across this recipe. However, there was no nutritional information attached to it. As I am trying to watch my sodium and cholesterol, I wanted to enter it in here so that I can keep track of the numbers. :) Originally found on the Enlightenedcooking blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Oil a 9-inch square baking pan.
- 2Rinse the quinoa well, and place in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Turn off heat and set aside.
- 3Squeeze alll the water out of the thawed spinach and place in a bowl. Add the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- 4Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- 5Bake for 55 to 65 minutes until set and golden brown. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes or until completely cool. Cut into 16 bars.
- 6This can be served either warm or cold. You can store the bars in the refrigerator for a week, or freeze them for up to a month.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Quinoa-Spinach Breakfast Bars
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 133.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g