Koechin (Chef)'s Note:
This a variation of Beer bread,but can also be made with Club soda.The addition of eggs gives this bread the most wonderful texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons colemann's dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fleishmann's intant dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces beer or 12 ounces club soda
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 -1 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- 2combine all dry ingredients and stir well with a whisk.
- 3In a separate bowl combine, beer, oil and eggs. Beat with fork or whisk to incorporate eggs. Add mixture to dry ingredients. stir to combine. Do not over blend. Pour into prepared bread pan.Pour the melted butter over the top.
- 4bake for 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. It slices better if you can wait and let it cool a little. :-). This is also delicious toasted the next day.
- 5Hints: you may use herbs of your choice.
- 6dried dill, or basil, or italian seasoning or a Rosemarie blend. Also for the cheese you can use Montrey Jack, or pepper jack or smoked Gouda is outstanding. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Quick Bread! to Die For!
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 630.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g