Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love pumpkin and it makes a great quiche
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 10-inch pie shell, unbaked
- Combine pumpkin, bacon, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and eggs.
- Gradually add evaporated milk.
- Toss together flour and Parmesan.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
I love pumpkin and this is a rather nice way to prepare it. I made my version vegitarian by substituting the bacon for 5 oz of spinach. I also added sweet potato which mixed well with the flavors.