Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Found this recipe sometime ago in a Bisquick book. This is a great appetizer.
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 cups Bisquick, original mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled coarse
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup roasted sweet red pepper (from jar, fine chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Lightly spray square 9x9x2 pan with spray.
- Cover tomatoes in boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes; drain and chop fine.
- Mix bisquick, tomatoes, half the cheese and the milk in medium bowl until dough forms.
- Mix remaining cheese, bell peppers, oregano,basil and garlic and some oil in small bowl.
- Drop half the dough by tbsp closely together in irregular pattern in pan.
- Spoon half the cheese mixture over dough.
- Drop remaining dough over cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes till brown.
- Serve warm.