Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Who says pancakes must only grace the breakfast table? The savory vegetable filling makes these puffed gems suitable for a satisfying supper meal. Healthy and tasty! This delicious calorie and fat reduced recipe (158 calories a serving) is from The New Dieters Cookbook.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Great pancake! I used full-fat milk and omitted the wheat germ, also I used fresh thyme and increased the Parmesan slightly, very filling! Thanks ncmystershopper!..thanks, Kitten:)
- nonstick spray coating
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 236.59 ml broccoli floret
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml toasted wheat germ
- 9.85 ml snipped fresh thyme or 9.85 ml fresh oregano or 1.23 ml dried thyme or 1.23 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8-inch oven proof skillet with nonstick coating. Place in a 450 degree oven for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl use a wire whisk or rotary beater to beat together the eggs and egg whites. Add the milk, flour and salt. Beat until butter is smooth. Immediately pour the batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- Meanwhile, spray an unheated medium saucepan with nonstick coating. Preheat over low to medium heart. Add mushrooms, broccoli and onion; cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Toss with tomato, wheat germ and thyme and oregano.
- To serve cut pancake into wedges and spoon vegetable mixture over wedges. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.