Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Takes only about 5 minutes to prepare.One hour to set out at room temp.Then you have 2 hours to yourself while it roasts.One of my familys favorites..Better than eating out!!
- Rub ingredients over roast.
- Place in roaster and let stand in room temperature for 1 hour.
- Sear in hot oven 450-475 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 300-30 minutes per pound.
- Let set for 5 minutes before slicing. I make Au Jus dipping sauce with Goumet Awards french dip base.Directions on the jar.
Good flavor. My 7lb roast was done way before instructions said it would be done. More like 15 minutes per pound. Other than that I cooked it as stated in the directions. Delicious.
My husband and I love this recipe, it is the best prime rib ever, and a heck of alot cheaper than eating out!!!
The best prime rib I have cooked yet - We had a 4 lb prime rib roast and cooked it 30 mins at the high temp then 1 1/2 hours at the lower temp and tented for half hour while making the yorkshire pudding 58267.