Recipe by MJaz
This is delicious, and unlike many salads, has no sweetness at all. You can replace the bacon with finely cubed ham, or bologna to make it taste like authentic German potato salad.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs raw potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits or 1⁄2 lb.crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Toss in large bowl with celery, onion, and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, blend mayo, relish, celery seed, vinegar, mustard, and spices.
- Fold dressing in to potatoes.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.