Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Heart healthy recipe
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 stalks scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- Wash potatoes, cut in half, and place them in cold water in a saucepan.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
- Add vegetables and egg to potatoes and toss.
- Blend together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill weed.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Add fresh vegetables and herbs to give a tasty flavor to this potato salad.