Recipe by NorthwestGal
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A favorite (at least in our home) dinner roll is given a savory boost with the addition of garlic, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and garden-fresh green onions. These rolls are the perfect accompaniment to add a little zesty pizzazz to a mild dinner, or to complement a savory Mediterranean or spicy Tex-Mex dinner entree.
- 3⁄4 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 3 slices cooked bacon (cooled on paper towel and crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (I used dried, not packed in liquid)
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 egg, light beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dough ingredients in automatic bread machine in the order recommended by manufacturer (or in the order listed above). Set bread machine for dough cycle; press start.
- Lightly spray bottom only of 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Remove risen dough from bread machine and place on lightly floured surface. Punch dough down, then shape dough into 15 smooth, round balls. Place about 1 inch apart in prepared 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm place until dough is doubled in size (about 30-60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350°°F.
- Whisk together the beaten egg and water. Brush the egg wash over the tops of the rolls, then sprinkle a pinch of parmesan cheese on top of each roll.
- Place baking sheet in preheated (350°) oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are lightly golden.