Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This easy, no yeast bread is a quick, flavorful addition to any meal. It's great paired with meatloaf or hearty soups or just served warm with a little butter!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup green onion top, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cumin and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed potatoes, buttermilk, sour cream, goat cheese, eggs and melted butter until well combined. The wet ingredients will be slightly lumpy. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and fold in green onions and bacon. Pour batter into a greased 8”x8” pan and bake 40-50 minutes until a tester comes out clean.