1/2 Photos of Savory Pot Roast With Pan Gravy (Oven or Crock Pot)
2 hrs 45 mins
Very tender and flavorful meat dish, makes a wonderful gravy. A longtime family favorite. From my father.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs bottom round beef roast (or rump)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups hot beef bouillon (broth)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 sprigs parsley, plus
- 2 celery tops, plus
- 1 bay leaf (tied together in bouquet)
- 1Dust beef with combination of seasonings and flour.
- 2Heat oil in heavy oven-proof pan; brown meat, then remove.
- 3Brown onions and garlic lightly in pan. Replace meat; add remaining ingredients.
- 4Cover, bake in 350°F oven until meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- 5(Note: May use a crock pot instead of the oven. Cook on low 10-12 hours, -or- on high 5-6 hours).
- 6Discard bouquet. Serve with pan gravy.
- 7Makes 10 servings (who are they kidding?).
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Pot Roast With Pan Gravy (Oven or Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.9
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 165.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bottom round beef roast