1/2 Photos of Savory Pot Roast a La Pressure Cooker
1 hr 20 mins
The flavor of this pot roast is wonderful. The pressure cooker seems to force the seasoning right into the meat and vegetables. Sunday dinner after church in the south was fried chicken, but in the MidWestern U.S. region, it was potroast. YUM.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g chuck roast
- 14.79 ml Season-All salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml peeled baby carrots
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml sliced onion
- 414.03 ml water
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml beef bouillon powder or 9.85 ml beef base
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Coat roast with SeasonAll.
- 2In a non-stick pan (I use my pressure cooker base for this), brown meat in olive oil, on high, on all sides to sear in juices.
- 3Add carrots, celery and onions when meat is nearly browned.
- 4Add water and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Place potato halves on top of roast and add pepper, beef bouillon powder and bay leaves.
- 6Lock pressure cooker lid in place and bring to pressure over medium-high heat.
- 7Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at about medium pressure.
- 8Cook for one hour.
- 9Release pressure naturally - don't use quick release.
- 10As all pressure cookers are different, test meat and fork the potatoes to make sure they are done.
- 11If not, add water, if necessary, and return to pressure.
- 12When done, release pressure and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Pot Roast a La Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 344.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 52.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: