Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I like the flavor of this. It isn't quite a barbecue and it's not exactly Italian either.
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Brown roast in a small amount of oil.
- Place in crockpot.
- Combine vinegar, oil, catsup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, garlic powder and mustard.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
I made this for dinner last night and I did cut back the oil to 2 tbsp. because 1/4 cup was just too much for me and I tossed in a few tbsp. of chopped onions. Otherwise I followed the recipe. When the roast was first served and still hot the flavors all go well together and it wasn't too bad, but when the roast cooled down I could notice a strong tangy flavor. I'm not sure if it came from the ketchup or the vinegar or a combo of the two. Which I wasn't too crazy about. The rosemary was noticeable and I liked that. Overall I thought it was just ok, but I'd like to try it again and play around with some of the ingredient amounts and see how it turns out. I think it's a good start but I'd like to tailor it more to my tastes. Thank's!