Recipe by Satisfied Kris
Easy! Easy! Easy! Add the word "Delicious" and you've described this recipe. The recipe is so old - I have no idea where it came from. Served it at a small dinner party for 6 people. Served with a nice Merlot. It was a huge it! AND it's Easy! Easy! Easy! I was able to work around the house while it was simmering away on the stove. Did I mention it was Easy?
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs beef round steak or 3 1⁄2-4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- whole mushroom, to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 8 quart saucepot, in the hot vegetable oil, brown roast on all sides.
- Spoon off fat.
- Stir in mushroom soup, onion soup mix and 1 cup water.
- Reduce heat to just above low.
- Cover, cook 2 hours.
- Add vegetables.
- Cover again, cook 45 minutes or until roast and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables and keep warm.
- Stir together the flour and remaining 1/4 cup water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into soup mixture.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Serve the roast& veggies with the gravy on the side.