Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My bunch loves the flavor of this roast. Very easy and delish.
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion and mushroom soup mix (Lipton's)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 6 medium carrots, pared, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Mix together steak sauce, soup mix, and water; set aside.
- Line shallow baking pan with heavy duty foil, overlapping edges.
- Place roast in center of foil; arrange potatoes and carrots around roast.
- Pour sauce mixture evenly over roast and vegetables; seal foil loosely over top of roast; secure side edges tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours or until meat is tender and done.
An easy, quick fix, great tasting recipe. I added fresh mushrooms and a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup. One simply can't have too many mushrooms. Certainly a keeper. Thanks ratherbeswimmin
Excellent roast. I liked heartiness that the steak sauce seemed to add. I actually cooked this in the crockpot...turned out just fine, although probably would have been a bit more tender had I not used an eye-of-round roast.
My whole family raved about the taste of this roast. I had to cook it about 2 1/2 hours before it was done and also used baby carrots. My husband proclaimed it one of the best roasts he's ever eaten. Thanks for sharing the recipe!