Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is for mustard lovers only.
Make and share this Savory Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Dredge pork chops in flour mixture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chops in oil on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over chops.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until meat is tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chops when serving.
Oh my gosh were these ever delicious! You should like mustard if you make this, BUT, I really didnt find it too overpowering, which I thought it might be with all the mustard powder. After I browned my chop I dont think I let it simmer a whole 20 minutes, but it was VERY tender and juicy. I also had to cut the measurements since I only cook for one. Simple and delicious. Di, pork chops are my favorite thing to eat and this will definitely stay in my cookbook! Thanks for posting it!
Very tender and so tasty. I sprayed the pan with Canola oil and the only other change was that I used jalapeno pepper jelly instead of orange marmalade. I'm going to find other things for that wonderful mustard sauce. thanks for sharing.
I made these for dinner last night and they were fabulous!! I cut down a little bit on the mustard because my husband doesn't care for it, but I don't really think I needed to. The flavors in the sauce balance beautifully. My chops were very thick, so it took a little longer than 20 minutes, but the end result was phenomenal. I didn't care much for pork chops before, but these I LOVE! Don't let the mustard scare you off, its not at all overpowering.