Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a very easy and good weekday dinner, I usually serve this with hot cooked rice.
- 6 pork chops
- 3 tablespoons butter, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (reserve the juice)
- 1 can condensed condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, melt butter with oil.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides.
- Remove, set aside.
- Add the water, scraping any browned bits.
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving the juice; set tomatoes aside.
- Add the tomatoes, the juice from the tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, soup, onion, mustard, salt and pepper to the skillet; mix well.
- Return the chops to the skillet.
- Cover, and simmer for 30 mins, or until the chops are tender, (don't overcook the chops, as they will be dry).
- Note; if desired, 2-3 cloves of fresh minced garlic may be added.
I would have liked less soup and more tomatoes but it was very good
This recipe has made Clint a pork chop lover. I can't get him to shut up about this -- but that's a good thing. He has always told me he doesn't like pork chops but that's because his mother would buy the tiniest, thinnest pork chops and pan fry them into oblivion. This sauce is soooooooo good. I think it would be fab with chicken breasts as well. I followed the recipe exactly except I used 8 small but thick boneless pork chops. I served with white rice and Crisp Okra in Creamy Yogurt #30895.