Pork stir fry that is sweet and nutty, as well as cooked stove top for a "quick" dinner. Substitute with chicken, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) box Rice-A-Roni (I prefer Oriental blend, Fried Rice or Rice Pilaf)
- 1 lb boneless pork chop (boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted)
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 medium apples, cored and thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage or 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsly chopped
- 1Prepare the Rice a Roni, substituting 1 cup water and 1 cup apple juice for water on the boxed directions.
- 2While this is cooking, cut the pork into strips and combine with paprika, thyme, sage/poultry seasoning.
- 3In a second skillet, melt margarine or butter over medium heat and stir fry the pork for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 4Add apples, and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 5Combine the remaining 1/2 cup apple juice with the cornstarch and add to the pork, cooking 1-2 minutes or until thickened to a glaze.
- 6Stir in nuts and serve over rice mixture.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Pork & Apple Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: