Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves this recipe and it comes from one of my many cookbooks. All Time Famiy Favorites Casseroles & One Dish Meals...
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package Rice-A-Roni, rice pilaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups apple juice or 1 1⁄3 cups apple cider
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chop
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Prepare Rice A Roni Mix as package directs, substituting 1 cup water with 1 cup apple juice or cider.
- While Rice A Roni is simmering, cut pork into 1 1/2x1/4 inch strips. Combine seasonings; toss with meat.
- In second large skillet, melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Stir fry pork 3-4 minutes or just until pork is no longer pink.
- Add apples; stir fry 1-2 minutes or until apples are almost tender. Add combined remaining 1/3 cup apple juice or cider and cornstarch. Stir fry 1-2 minutes or until thickened to form glaze.
- Stir in nuts. Serve rice topped with pork mixture.