Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty all by themselves, and even better dipped into homemade hummus. Can adjust seasonings to taste. Posted for ZWT #6
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pita breads (6 inches)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the garlic granules, onion powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small container.
- One at a time, brush the pita breads with olive oil, cut into 8 wedges (same pattern as cutting a pie or a pizza). Kitchen shears makes this step easy.
- Arrange the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with the seasoning mix.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 7 to10 minutes.
Made half a recipe for 4 homemade pitas that were a couple days old. I did add a little basil but otherwise as written. Did 9 min. and should have done 10 or more min. Served with Skinny Greek Seven Layer Dip.
Yummy! A great way to use up stale pita bread!
This is a very good recipe. Great on flavor and easy to fix. Thanks for posting.