Recipe by Mercy
Delicious appetizers that could also be served as a light lunch or supper with a salad or a bowl of soup.
- 12 ounces ground turkey, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté turkey, mushrooms and onion in oil until turkey is cooked and onion is tender; break turkey into small pieces.
- Add pistachios, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Roll each sheet of pastry to 16X12-inches; cut into 12 squares (4X4-inches each).
- Place about 1 rounded tablespoon filling on one side of pastry square; moisten edges with water.
- Fold in half to enclose filling; press firmly with fork to seal.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Beat egg yolk and water together; brush over pastries.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 24 pieces.