Recipe by LiisaN
Easy and simple way to serve quail...this could be used for cornish game hens too.. Great with a rice pilaf and a simple green salad.
Top Review by swolf6
My husband is a big upland game hunter and has always preferred dove to quail. Quail is always too dry. He and my 12 year old son love this recipe and say it's the best they ever had because the quail is sooo moist.
- 8 whole quail (skin on)
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange quail, breast side down in a 10 inch square baking dish or 3 qt. casserole; set aside.
- In small bowl, blend pineapple juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, rosemary and cornstarch.
- Pour pineapple and lemon slices over quail.
- Place baking dish in oven.
- Bake quail, basting occasionally, until they are tender and juices run clear; then bake another 15-30 minutes longer.
- Arrange quail and pineapple slices on platter.
- Strain sauce if desired, add salt and pepper to taste and serve on the side.