Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for my daughter who loves to eat cheese, bacon and everything bad for one's health. But I tell you, it was scrumptious! Saw this episode in Martha Stewart sometime not long ago.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chunked to small pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto or 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Mix everything to form crust in a bowl then knead on floured board ( about 5 minutes), make into a big circle and put on 9" pie pan.
- Set aside or refrigerate while you do the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together till well blended.
- Pour to the chilled crust.
- Bake 40-45 minutes in a 375 oven till center semi firm.
- Cool on wire rack a little.
- Best eaten warm.
great eaten warm. Yum! had this for breakfast with my coffee. uuummm umm! thanks for posting!
I have this recipe on file, tried it 3 months ago. It's very good but so filling! You have to cut the pie into 16 wedges instead of 8 because its too too rich. I served it to my friend when she passed by the house and she raved about it! thanks!