Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A tasty pepper steak, that cooks for 8-10 hours, and makes it very tender. so good.
- 1 1⁄2-2 beef round steak, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large green peppers or 2 large red peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon beef base (paste or granules)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- fluffy rice
- Cut steak into strips. Combine 1/4 cup flour, the salt and pepper; toss with steak strips to coat thoroughly. Add to crock pot with onion, garlic, and half of green pepper strips; stir. Combine tomatoes with beef base, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into crock pot, moistening meat well. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- One hour before serving, turn on high and stir in remaining green pepper strips.
- If thickened gravy is desired, make a smooth paste of 3 Tablespooons flour and 3 Tablespoons water; stir into crock pot. Cover and cook until thickened. Serve gravy with pepper steak over fluffy rice.
I love this recipe too. I actually have this recipe in the original cookbook that came with my mom's Rival Crock
Wow this was oh sooo good and easy. I served it over rice. Great recipe for those busy days. And the round steak was falling apart tender. Thanks for a great recipe.