Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Think meatloaf without the meat and your spot on for a description of this recipe. Very heart healthy (the fat is mailny from the nuts and it's the good kind) and tasty.
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 eggs, beaten (or the equivalent of Egg Beaters)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch sweet basil
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a well-greased 8x4 loaf pan and bake for 1 hour in 350 degree oven.
- Turn onto a platter and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with mushroom sauce or other favorite gravy.
Very good! I halved the recipe and cooked it about 45 minutes. Yummy! Thank you!
I can't rave enough about this delicious "roast"...tender, moist and so healthy. I didn't change anything in this recipe, but made it easily as instructed with great results. This recipe would not feed 8 people in my opinion, 5 at the most, and it didn't fill my loaf pan. So the next time I make this I will increase the amounts of the ingredients keeping the same proportions. I served this with a mushroom sauce as suggested...excellent dish! p.s. I think that the fat content is high because of the pecans, which are actually a form of "good" fat and the same for the olive oil, so I ate this roast with a good conscience.