Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this unique party mix. It was in a grocery store recipe flyer for Kraft holiday food. It was probably back in the early 80's. It makes a lot so be prepared to share with friends.
- 3 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups shoestring potatoes (2 cans)
- 2 cups Spanish peanuts (1 12.5 oz. can)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces Durkee onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parkay squeeze margarine
- Combine pretzels, potatoes, peanuts, croutons and onions.
- Pour margarine over the combined ingredients.
- Sprinkle with cheese, mix well.
- Spread mixture on a ungreased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly roll pan. Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stir twice during baking.
I've been looking off and on for this recipe for ages! First saw that Kraft ad you refer to in TV Guide years ago. I particualrly like it because it's so unusual --- like one I may post using curry and popcorn and cheese crackers and other surprises. Thank you for sharing.