Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This my sister's recipe. We took two loaves of this bread to take to a chille cook out last fall. Before the chilli was served, the bread was gone. I'm guessing on the servings
- Cut bread lengthwise without cutting through the bottom crust.
- Then cut bread crosswise without cutting throught the bottom crust.
- Insert cheese between cuts.
- Combine butter, onions and garlic salt.
- Drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- uncover and bake 10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
I took this to a potluck where the main dish was a gumbo. Everyone loved it. It was easy to prepare. Thanks for posting.
I am so not a Big fan of sourdough but I thought that with the cheese it might take the bitter flavor of the bread away. Man was this awesome! I made it for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! I preped it the day before and stole alittle oven time with the yams the day of. Thanks so much Jane!
Man, was this YUMMY! A real crowd pleaser. (-: