1/4 Photos of Savory Parmesan Shortbread Rounds
Found this in the December, 2007 issue of Bon Appetite, as I was clearing some space for more recent magazines. I haven't made them, but didn't want to let the recipe get away. Their serving suggestion - with pre-dinner drinks or on a salami platter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350*.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Mix flour, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper in food processor.
- 4Add butter, and using pulse, process until dough begins to come together.
- 5Gather dough into a ball.
- 6Divide dough in half. Roll each half into 12-inch log.
- 7Cut each log into 1-inch pieces.
- 8Roll each piece into a ball and arrange on baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 9Press each ball into 2-inch diameter rounds.
- 10Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese over.
- 11Bake shortbread rounds until tops are dry and bottoms are golden brown; about 20 minutes.
- 12Transfer rounds to rack and cool completely.
- 13NOTE: Can be made 1 week ahead and stored in airtight container at room temperature, or freeze up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Parmesan Shortbread Rounds
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.4
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 512.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g