Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a livened up version of Oven-Fried Chicken using ancho chili powder and cheddar cheese.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 lb) chicken, cut into eight pieces (about) or 3 3⁄4 lbs chicken pieces, breast,legs,thigh pieces
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- In a large shallow bowl mix bread crumbs, cheese, ground chilies, and salt.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Dip in beaten egg and roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on a foil-lined (Release foil works great) 12-by 15-inch baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven or 350 degree convection oven until crumbs are browned and chicken is no longer pink at the bone (cut to test),45 minutes to 1 hour.
You'll be surprised with this twist - I used this recipe to bread pork chops! You should try it if you haven't! My fiance had to eat and run and thanked me profusely for the great chops. I only had two prok chops to use, so I cut the recipe in half so as not to waste too much. Can't wait to try it with chicken!!! I love your recipes!
Yum, easy, used boneless as that's all I had. Good stuff, great dinner, thanks Barb