Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green peas (or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 large white button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup grated jarlsberg cheese (or other low-fat Swiss-style cheese)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 400°; preheat a 5 or 6-inch round baking dish; melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the baking dish.
- Beat the eggs, milk, flour together until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- When the butter is melted, pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and place in the oven; bake for 15 minuutes or until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, stir/saute the onion until translucent (about 5 minutes); add in the peas and bell pepper; cook for 2 more minutes; scrape mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the mushroom caps and stems thinly; heat the remaining 2 teaspoons butter in the skillet over med heat.
- When hot, stir/saute the mushrooms for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add in the wine and cheese; return the onion mixture to the skillet; season to taste with salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Remove pancake from oven, heap the mushroom mixture into the center; garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
- The pancake may deflate slightly as it cools.