Recipe by ugogirl
Now that the colder weather is here, it's a perfect time for a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs, one pot meal like this delicious stew. Sometimes I have used lean ground beef in place of the stew meat in a pinch. Serve with a crusty bread or warm rolls for a complete dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup flour or 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven.
- Brown beef.
- Add flour, salt, garlic powder, marjoram and pepper.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and beef broth, mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover, place in oven and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir twice during baking.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.