1/2 Photos of Savory Oven-Baked Beef Stew
2 hrs 15 mins
Now that the colder weather is here, it's a perfect time for a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs, one pot meal like this delicious stew. Sometimes I have used lean ground beef in place of the stew meat in a pinch. Serve with a crusty bread or warm rolls for a complete dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cubed
- 1/3 cup flour or 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven.
- 3Brown beef.
- 4Add flour, salt, garlic powder, marjoram and pepper.
- 5Stir in undrained tomatoes and beef broth, mix well.
- 6Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 7Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 8Cover, place in oven and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 9Stir twice during baking.
- 10Remove bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Oven-Baked Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.7
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.8 mg
- Sodium 1268.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 53.6 g