Recipe by Claire #3
This recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. It's easy to throw together and does not taste low fat at all.
Top Tweak by Donna
Pick Your Chef Recipe... This was delicious, it was easy, my family all enjoyed it so that was a huge plus, my daughter didn't want to touch it because of the onions, I begged her to take one bite and she had 4 more bites... I could eat the whole pie! Yummy! Only change I made was I used lite margarine instead of butter... still great!
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onions (sweet)
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix Bisquick and milk to form dough.
- Spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- With fingers, spread dough to edges and slightly up sides of pie plate.
- Saute onions in butter for 5 minutes.
- Cook only until soft, do not brown.
- Spread onions over pie crust.
- Mix cream cheese, milk and egg well.
- Pour over onion mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.