Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. It's easy to throw together and does not taste low fat at all.
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onions (sweet)
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix Bisquick and milk to form dough.
- Spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- With fingers, spread dough to edges and slightly up sides of pie plate.
- Saute onions in butter for 5 minutes.
- Cook only until soft, do not brown.
- Spread onions over pie crust.
- Mix cream cheese, milk and egg well.
- Pour over onion mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Pick Your Chef Recipe... This was delicious, it was easy, my family all enjoyed it so that was a huge plus, my daughter didn't want to touch it because of the onions, I begged her to take one bite and she had 4 more bites... I could eat the whole pie! Yummy! Only change I made was I used lite margarine instead of butter... still great!
I enjoyed this pie, but I think it would have been better if the onions were carmalized to a nice brown color. It went well with the split pea soup I made for supper. Thanks for posting!