Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
no yeast or abm from jean pare
Make and share this Savory Onion Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup extra grated sharp cheddar cheese
- combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- cut in cold butter till crumbly.
- stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- make a well in the center.
- fry onion in other butter slowly till clear and golden.
- .set aside.
- beat egg with spoon in small bowl.
- stir in milk.
- add onion.
- pour into well.
- stir to moisten and form a soft dough.
- pat into greased 8 inch round or square pan.
- sprinkle other 1/2 cup of cheese over top.
- bake at 400 for 25 minutes.