Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really good and freeze well. Prep time does not include cooking the bacon.
- 6 slices cooked bacon, finely crumbled
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (use a semi-heaping tablespoon!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (can use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 -2 large green onion, finely chopped (can use more)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup old cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Set oven to 350 degrees (second-lowest oven rack).
- Grease 12 muffin tins.
- Set aside 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, black pepper and green onions; stir in crumbled bacon and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- In another bowl whisk together milk, oil, sour cream and eggs until well blended; pour over dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Divided between the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/4 cup (can use more) cheddar cheese on top of each muffin batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the muffins test done.
These were very good but I agree that it needs more green onion (which surprises me with one of your recipes Kitz) All in all though a very nice muffin. I used sharp cheddar cheese because I could not find old cheddar. Thanks Kitz
These were ok. I found the quantity of pepper a little overpowering and would cut back on that. Added more onions,3, and still could of used more
Very good recipe, flavourfull and quick Thanks!!