- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped cured black olives or 3⁄4 cup kalamata olives or 3⁄4 cup green olives or 3⁄4 cup nicoise olive
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and optional.
- cayenne. Combine with the whole-wheat flour. Whisk together the.
- egg, milk, and olive oil in a small bowl and add to the flour mixture,.
- stirring just enough to combine. Add the olives, nuts, and oregano.
- Place the batter in a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350°F.
- (180C) oven for 45 minutes. Makes 1 loaf.