Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love savory oatmeal in the mornings. This recipe is from Quaker Oats. It calls for quick or old-fashioned oats, but I like steel-cut best.
- 1⁄2 cup quaker quick oats or 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 whole egg
- 2 slices turkey bacon, strips
- 3 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon French-fried onions
- Prepare oatmeal as usual and set aside. Coat a small nonstick pan with cooking spray and turn on medium heat. Add bacon, cook until browned, and then remove. In the same pan, cook egg until the white is set and the yolk is still runny (about 3-4 minutes). Top oatmeal with the egg, bacon, parmesan cheese, scallions, fried onions, and salt & pepper.