Recipe by The Rabbit
Some people, like me, just don't like sweet things in the morning. These oat cakes are quick, easy, healthful and best of all savory. We grow our own veggies so they are the freshest, most organic possible. Can be wrapped and eaten out-of-hand for a mid-morning snack or even served as a side dish for dinner.
- 1 cup whole oats, cooked
- 1 baby summer squash, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut oil, organic food grade
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together adding just enough flour to make a light batter.
- Heat large cast iron frying pan over medium to low heat.
- Drizzle pan with coconut oil and wipe around with a paper towel.
- Spoon into pan making 3" pancakes.
- Lightly brown, turn & brown the 2nd side.
- Serve with fresh Greek yogurt and sliced tomatoes.