Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
EXCELLENT spiced nuts recipe! I've made it twice, to rave reviews both times. With one exception, I made it exactly as directed. I don't like orange-flavored anything, so I used 2 tablespoons of dry sherry instead of the orange liqueur. I also set my time for every 8 minutes, and would stir the nuts to allow for more even baking. I made this the first time using all almonds, and baked it a few minutes longer than 25 minutes (maybe 30). The second time, I used a mix of pecans, walnuts, and almonds, and baked it for exactly 25 minutes, to prevent the more delicate nuts from burning. Delicious, and perfect for the holidays (to serve or to gift), or for any gathering where you want something crunchy and wonderful. I'll be using this recipe a lot - thanks, Theresa!
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups mixed unsalted nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except nuts.
- Stir in nuts.
- Allow to stand stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 3500F for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers in a cool dark place for up to 3 weeks.