Recipe by trick
I recently came across this wonderful mix and thought I would share with you. You can make it as hot as you want with adding extra Cayenne Powder.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 edged baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 egg whites until slightly thickened yet still a bit frothy.
- Add 6 cups of pecans; stir until well coated.
- Add sugar mix, stirring as you add.
- When well coated place equal parts in single layer on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes; stir.
- Bake 10 minutes more; stir.
- Bake 5 minutes more.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Cool completely.
- Store in air tight container (baggie or tin).