Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious vegetarian appetizer. These nut balls have a meaty taste and are very addictive! You can easily vary the types of nuts and spices to suit your taste.
- 177.44 ml finely ground walnuts
- 118.29 ml finely ground sunflower seeds
- 118.29 ml finely ground cashews
- 59.14 ml finely ground almonds
- 1 small onion, coarsely grated
- 2 beaten eggs or 4 egg whites
- 177.44 ml whole wheat bread crumbs, finely ground
- 236.59 ml cooked brown rice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil or 14.79 ml dried basil
- 236.59 ml alfalfa sprout, chopped
- prepared mustard (for dipping, e.g. dijon, raspberry, honey, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Note: you can use any combination of ground nuts and seeds to equal 2 cups.
- Mix all ingredients except mustard.
- Form one inch balls.
- Place on oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown and crunchy, about 20 minute.
- Serve with assorted mustards for dipping.
These have a nice flavor and were very good with the mustard to dip! Good for you too. I halved the recipe and enjoyed it. Thanks! Made for the Vegetarian Swap-March 2009.